- Beskyttelse 24/7 – realtidsscanning
- Beskyttelse mod: trojanske heste, malware, adware, spyware, ransomware og phishing
- Ekstern firewallbeskyttelse
- Essential Antivirus- €24.95pr. år pr. enhed
- Pro Antivirus- €39,95 pr. år for tre enheder
- Ultimate Antivirus- €59,95 pr. år for fem enheder
PCProtect is one of the most cost-beneficial antivirus software providers. The company provides the users with a variety of tools that can help them stay secure while browsing online or connecting to networks. Solid protection capabilities and additional features, coming in a user-friendly interface, that will still cost you less than many alternatives, but with similar performance.
From real-time security to an advanced firewall, PCProtect seems to have everything you would need from an antivirus system. Apart from the classic desktop protection, the company provides all kinds of smartphone and mobile solutions as well, which is an absolute must-have in our internet-connected devices, where we keep sensitive data and passwords, use mobile-banking etc.
During our research on antivirus software, we’ve identified five key criteria for you to consider when choosing an antivirus software: 1. Threat Protection 2. Resource consumption 3. 24/7 protection/real-time scanning 4. Extra must-have features 5. Platforms/Devices accessibility. Our reviews will examine each antivirus software in accordance with how well it delivers on these five criteria.
How PCProtect meets the 5 criteria?
1. Omgående trusselsbeskyttelse
PCProtect provides a number of real-time protection tools, including malware and spyware detection, and automatic daily scans. The software would scan all of you downloaded files to detect any viruses or malware that could be hidden inside.
QuickScan offers quick daily scans while the full in-depth system scan you can activate manually when needed, or schedule for specific time. The basic scan will check your browser, cookies, cache, desktop, and startup whereas the full system scan checks the whole internal disk.
Spyware can secretly monitor actions on your device, capture passwords, banking credentials and credit card details. With PCProtect vault system you are capable of designing and maintaining strong and safe passwords to stay safe from potential hacking programs that attempt to worm their way into your accounts.
The PCProtect system is scanning along your entire device as you’re surfing the Internet, detecting which websites are safe to visit & blocking the possibly dangerous websites and downloads. If something malicious is found in the search results you will be notified by Web Shield & blocked from the possibly dangerous websites and downloads.
Phishing Websites Protection
Phishing schemes are becoming more and more prevalent as they try to seize your sensitive data by imposing as known company (such as your bank for example) and luring you to send them an email by which they can steal your data. PCProtect has a basic Firewall integrated & is capable of recognizing and blocking fake & “spoof” websites, specifically created to steal your personal data, for example by sending you a fake email or message with a link.
Adware is less dangerous, but it is still nothing else than malicious software that uses your computer resources to automatically display or download advertising materials such as banners or pop-ups. This both slows down your device and usually hinders your surfing experience. PCProtect has an ad-blocker in the package which will prevent pop-ups and spam on your computer making for a much more enjoyable browsing experience.
2. Resource Consumption
Overall PCProtect tests positive for performance impact. While antivirus software, in general, can mostly cause some lag or performance issues, PCProtect does not seem to have much of an impact on device speed. Pcprotect’s users claim that the average RAM consumption is just about 80MB in standby & only slightly more when performing a system scan.
On top of that, the advanced plans of the software contain system boost and disc cleaner, which would improve your PC’s boot time, control apps and stop unnecessary processes.
As a result, there’s a big chance you will feel that your optimized device is working at the same or even higher speed.
3. Realtidsscanning døgnet rundt.
PCProtect antivirus software is constantly running in the background and monitoring your system, as long as the device is on, detecting & blocking the malware before it gets on your hard-drive. In addition to that, it offers a scheduled scan option where you can set up a weekly, fortnightly or monthly extensive full scans.
4. Extra Protection Features
- VPN Internet Security. Safe Browsing secures your device’s internet connection to guarantee that all of the data you’re sending and receiving is encrypted and secure from prying eyes. It’s especially needed if you are using social media, shopping online and internet banking. PCProtect provides their customers with a Safe Browsing VPN with 30+ Server Locations included, which keeps encrypted their internet connections & is an excellent addition for the antivirus suite.
- Password Manager. Easily manage and keep all your passwords secure in one place.
- Firewall. PCProtect has both a basic firewall included in the basic package and a more advanced two-way “Enhanced” firewall available in the more complete packages or as a standalone feature for a small additional fee.
- Browser Manager. Easily allows users to clear history, cache and tracking cookies from their web browsers.
5. Platforms/Devices Accessibility
Regarding the compatibility, PCProtect is designed to safeguard computers running Windows, Mac OS, and all devices running iOS and Android, meeting the modern standards in the industry.
For an additional price, Multi-license packages are available for people with more than one device. A home package, for example, gives you 2 additional licenses, a family package provides with 5 additional licenses. Smartphone Optimizer package protects mobile devices such as your smartphone or tablet.
All the versions of PCProtect across many platforms have simple and easy to use interface. The black background and minimalistic buttons make it a safe choice for those less tech-savvy, making it a great family choice. The left-hand side toolbar has everything you need; a Safe Browsing VPN, Web Shield settings, and all the needed setups. It’s also very easy to switch between the QuickScan & the Full System scanning modes.
€24.95 / Year
- Antivirus and Remote Firewall Protection
- Web Shield Extension
- Web Browser Cleaner & Manager
€39.95 / Year
- Most popular package
- Antivirus and Remote Firewall Protection
- Safe Password Vault
- Enhanced Firewall
€59.95 / Year
- The complete edition
- Maximum protection package
- 24/7 Priority Super Fast Support
- Smartphone Optimizer & Protection
All of the three options include a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee trial version, giving you the opportunity to try the software in action, before deciding if and how much you are ready to invest.
Support and Customer Service
Multiple contact channels are available, letting you receive the needed information easily.
For starters, PCProtect hosts an extensive FAQ on their website. The website also features a live chat for the instant contacts.
On top of that, the platform provides an around-the-clock phone support line, as well as a standard email inquiry support. We tested their email support and it was satisfactory in terms of response time and problem-solving.